Brewery Production Manager
Posted: January 24 2019
Application Deadline: March 01 2019
The right candidate for this position will have substantial commercial brewing experience, proven leadership management skills, a passion for brewing, strong critical thinking and communication as they lead our Production and Packaging teams.
This is a high-level role working directly under the Director of Brewing managing all aspects of day to day brewery production operations. This person will spend a great deal of time on the brewery floor making sure that staff are working efficiency and are supported, issues are solved, and production processes are running smoothly. The Production Manager will manage resources, set production goals, ensure efficiency, quality control, profitability and logistics management for brew house, cellar and packaging.
We offer competitive compensation, paid time off and a full benefits package for full time employees. Bent Paddle pays 50% of employee medical premiums and 25% for dependents. We also offer free employee Dental, Short Term Disability and $25k Life Insurance. We match up to 3% on our company sponsored Simple IRA program. We also offer two free Taproom yoga classes per month with Runa Yoga, use of various recreational gear (kayaks, SUP, canoes) state park and/or BWCAWpass reimbursement, beer, team building days and more!
You can find our application online at bentpaddlebrewing.com. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Qualified and interested individuals should email their application and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Bent Paddle is proud to be an EOE.
• Lead, train, manage, and schedule a growing production team of 12+ (this includes brewhouse, cellar, packaging while working closely with Warehouse Manager)
• Lead all day-to-day operations necessary to produce high quality, consistent craft beer.
• Manage all production related Orchestrated Beer functions including but not limited to production order creation and execution, inventory management.
• Inventory management of all raw materials, contracted materials, and any assets belonging to the respected department.
• Promote an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork.
• Advocate and lead a continuous improvement culture throughout his/her team.
• Manage and improve QA/QC process.
• Maintain and create Standard Operating Procedures as necessary.
• Hold self and team accountable for adherence to SOP’s.
• Facilitate future growth of the brewery through continuous optimization of current processes.
• Work with Director of Brewing on equipment acquisition and expansion logistics
• Manage implementation of new equipment and processes.
• Works directly with leadership management on new product development initiatives.
• Maintain brewing, cellaring, clarification, packaging and other related documentation in an organized and complete manner.
• Must have a strong mechanical background with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical problems, brewhouse, canning line, compressors, boilers, and all equipment related to the brewery.
• Provide hands on relief of all positions, as necessary.
• Provide support, guidance and training to team on daily basis, conduct monthly team meetings, one on one quarterly check-in’s and annual reviews
• Knowledge of recipe development and understanding of balance.
• Maintain healthy communication with all departments.
• Actively manage department budgets
• Represent Bent Paddle at on/off site events/festivals
• Maintain and promote a clean and organized production environment.
• 5+ years of brewing experience, with a history of progressive advancement in leadership or management positions throughout the brewery.
• Managed production brewery staff of at least 6 people for a minimum of 2 years.
• College degree and/or certification from an accredited brewing program.
• Strong mechanical and problem-solving aptitude.
• Equipment, cellaring, cleaning and maintenance best practices. SOP development and enforcement.
• Working knowledge of safety, (OSHA) compliance requirements and enforcement.
• Technical and Practical knowledge of all aspects of brewery equipment
• Overall Inventory management
• Yeast management, fermentation theory/practice.
• Quality control and lab procedures such as: cell counting/viability testing, D.O., CO2 and packaged beer testing.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Excel and Google spreadsheets, MS Outlook and Word.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask and meet aggressive deadlines efficiently and effectively
• Extraordinary attention to detail and accuracy.
Posted: January 17 2019
Application Deadline: January 31 2019
Bent Paddle is seeking a mechanically inclined, hard working team player to join our Packaging crew. The packaging team works with a Wild Goose 4 head canning line and a Brewsky 100, with limited seasonal bottling. This position requires a flexible work schedule, and willingness to work together as a team to break down obstacles and create solutions to meet quality and production goals. Shifts vary depending on season and inventory needs starting as early as 5 am or as late as 10 am, working either 4x10’s, or 5x8’s.
We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package for full time employees. Bent Paddle pays 50% of employee medical premiums and 25% for dependents. We also offer free employee Dental, Short Term Disability and $25k Life Insurance. We match up to 3% on our company sponsored Simple IRA program. We also offer two free Taproom yoga classes per month with Runa Yoga, use of various recreational gear (kayaks, SUP, canoes) state park and/or BWCAW pass reimbursement, beer, team building days and more!
You can find our application online at bentpaddlebrewing.com. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Qualified and interested individuals should email their application and cover letter to email@example.com Bent Paddle is proud to be an EOE.
- Complete all aspects of day to day packaging processes
- Set up and breakdown of canning/kegging line
- Operate machinery including canning line, bottling line, forklift and kegging line
- palletize cases & kegs and assist with general warehouse operations
- Work with production team on QA/QC and consistency of product
- Equipment maintenance and ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues as well as perform preventative maintenance
- Coordinate with brewers and cellar team
- Brewery safety and OSHA compliance
- Assist in tracking of weekly inventory levels and product availability
- Stock organize and maintain cleanliness of packaging equipment and stations
- Work with all departments and Management in a professional, approachable, helpful and positive manner
- All other duties as assigned
The successful candidate for this position will possess a mechanical aptitude and strong troubleshooting skills. An ability to multitask and manage time while being detail oriented. Preferred experience working in a repetitive manufacturing/production environment. Must be able to lift 55 pounds, twist/turn, reach over shoulders, bend/stoop and stand/walk on a continual basis, also move half barrels kegs weighing 170 lbs. Forklift experience is preferred.